Ok so the recipe I vary depending on what I have in the fridge! But the basics are
A homemade chicken broth (the longer you let it simmer the better!) or if vegetarian you can make a vegetable broth 🙂
- A blended paste of :
5 Garlic cloves
chunk of fresh organic Ginger
bunch of Coriander
Lime /lemon juice
- Fry some onions and mushrooms
- Then add the green paste
- Add some salt & pepper to your taste
- Fry a minute or so
- Add coconut milk
- Add some chilli flakes or fresh chilli if you want spicy, and some lime leaves.
- Then add the broth
I normally start the broth the night before or in the morning
- To finish chop some greens, broccoli, carrots, spring onions, pak choi….
- Cook noodles in a separate pot
- Add chopped veg at the end with a bit more lemon/ lime if needed ( don’t cook for more than 5 min as they are nicer crunchy!
- And serve in a bowl adding your noodles at the end
- Decorate with spring onions, chilli, and lemon.
You can really vary this recipe as much as you like, the point is too use what you have in the fridge!